Practical, Low-cost, and Powerful Safety Leadership
What managers and supervisors must do to encourage the best safety behaviours
A set of five videos
By Dr Bill Robb, BSc Hons, MEd, LLM, PhD
Based on tried and tested, over 22- years’ of successfully delivering face-to-face safety leadership workshops
There are 20 main traits of an effective safety leader. You are already a good safety leader but there is more you can do.
You don’t need a long, drawn-out, 3-day workshop and you don’t need a psychometric test.
No matter what your style of leadership, by applying most of the 20 traits and applying them often, your leadership will be brilliant.
What’s so special about the Safety Improvers set of 5 videos on Safety Leadership videos?
The videos will:
- Quickly refresh colleagues’ knowledge on what the 20 traits are. No long lectures.
- Explain in plain English what each of the 20 traits means and most importantly WHAT TO DO to apply each trait.
- Not waste time on models and theories, but give you over 95 simple, practical, low-cost things that you can do as part of your daily routine.
- Provide a cost-effective flexible training resource that can be used to teach small groups or for individual coaching
- Be cost effective, and a lifelong resource to add to and reinforce your existing safety tools.
The five Safety Leadership videos can be provided as DVDs or in electronic format for adding to your learning management system.
Each licence if for one worksite for LIFETIME.
Please call for the fee details: +44 (0)773 857 1945
Here are more details of the content of each video
Video I: Good news
- Straight forward, practical steps to take as part of everyday activities
- Definition of safety leadership
- You already know many of the 20 traits
- You are probably applying many of the without being aware
- Exercise: list your 12-15 traits of an effective leader
Video II: The Visionary, Planner and Organiser Traits
- Gives Direction
- Makes Decisions
- Keeps on track
- Provides good conditions/equipment
- Is knowledgeable/competent
Video III: The People-Person Traits
- Knows his/her your people
- Understands the challenges in each job role
- Helps instead of blaming
- Keeps promises and gives reason
- Is loyal
- Praises profusely but genuinely
- Is fair but firm
Video IV: The Communicator Traits
- Consults widely and in-depth
- Listens – really listens
- Instructs clearly
- Is honest but not blunt
- Is approachable
- Informs regularly, and in detail when required
- Provide a role model
Video V: A practical, time-efficient strategy for applying the 20 traits
- You don’t need “charisma” (whatever that means) and you don’t need motivational speakers.
- Focus consciously on 4 traits per week
- Train yourself to use the 20 traits as a part of everyday activities
- Keep a safety leadership log- just rough bullet points