|How to Facilitate your own Safety Risk Tolerance Workshops
Helping HSE advisers and managers
gain maximum value from the Profit Improvers' Safety Risk Tolerance
Once people have completed the Safety Risk Tolerance
Survey they will have thought carefully about 15 unsafe scenarios
and what to do about them.
Just completing the survey will be enough for some people to change
their thinking and hence behaviours.
However, people will get even more value and behaviour change
if they work through each of the 15 scenarios in a small group
with a facilitator. The arguments that arise and the multitude
of variations in people's thinking bring out many additional lessons.
About 20% of people score low (40/60) on the risk tolerance survey.
For these people the discussion is even more valuable and most
change their perspective (improve) once the discussions have taken
Managers and HSE Advisers can greatly assist their people and
enhance the safety culture by facilitating these half-day sessions
Dr Bill Robb of Profit Improvers will show in detail how to facilitate
these half-day events.
Here's the schedule:
- How can safety risk tolerance surveys help people work even
- The dangers of risk tolerance surveys and how to avoid them.
- Step-by-step analysis of the four options to each of the 15
scenarios and the detailed safety lessons they reveal.
- The finer points of facilitation to bring out all the lessons.
- How to conduct the 10-minute one-to-one interviews after the